Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Saishy View Post
    It is not directly related to what you want but T would think you are a fool for not reading those.

http://www.moug-portfolio.info/index.php?page=tutorials
    the weapon and projectile tutorials are very well done and explain all the major elements in a weapon.
    well worth a look if you havnt already

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geodav View Post
    like i say i don't want to de-rail the thread but just go down the toyshop buy a gun then try and fire it whilst looking down the sight, now compare what you see with what they show in game.

an option instead of the middle screen is to make the player stand still to get a better shot, more realistic
    thats true, buy then again, firing at the hip doesn't give you that tiny extra amount of zoom like iron sight should give you. its just another option for the players and a extra amount of work on your portfolio

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is not directly related to what you want but T would think you are a fool for not reading those.

http://www.moug-portfolio.info/index.php?page=tutorials

Leave a comment:

• replied
    like i say i don't want to de-rail the thread but just go down the toyshop buy a gun then try and fire it whilst looking down the sight, now compare what you see with what they show in game.

an option instead of the middle screen is to make the player stand still to get a better shot, more realistic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i don't want to de-rail this thread but i still can't understand why you people want ironsights impermented in the middle of the screen, have you never fired a rifle or machine gun large or small.
    Could you explain what is wrong with ironsights in the middle of the screen? I don't understand.

Oh, and Chucky Norris is not all that great, sorry, he's not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spoof View Post
    Chuck Norris doesn't use iron or sights.
    chuck Norris doesn't need guns in combat, he just has to point his fingers and say "Bang"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chuck Norris doesn't use iron or sights.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i don't want to de-rail this thread but i still can't understand why you people want ironsights impermented in the middle of the screen, have you never fired a rifle or machine gun large or small.

sorry looking forward to see-ing your work
    iron sight makes most modern games more difficult to play, leaving the firing at the hip with lower accuracy (More spray) and iron sight with more (less spray). but i guess making it so they are both balanced is where most games seem to be going wrong these days, tbh computer games feel like they are taking a dip in mechanics and a rise in graphics :/ id rather play a fps game like call of duty modern warfare 1 then go out and spend $50 on a game that feels like it was glued over night.

but i do and dont agree with having iron sight, it makes the game more difficult, but it also can push the game balance if done wrong i suppose

Leave a comment:

• replied

sorry looking forward to see-ing your work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    wow thats a good one, it explains everything involved.
    sorry pixxie_payne, coding something, specially something like a weapon does involve lots of coding.
    i know, its the only tutorial i have managed to get working so far. i know programming is needed. but it has taken me around a week so far just to get to iron sight and iv gotten alot of errors and warnings from it all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prezadent View Post
    I just saw this yesterday. Looks interesting, might be of use to you.

http://www.magicstonestudios.com/tutorials/
    wow thats a good one, it explains everything involved.
    sorry pixxie_payne, coding something, specially something like a weapon does involve lots of coding.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prezadent View Post

iv used that, it is good but lots of coding

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pixxie_payne View Post
    its the programming side im looking for mostly...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    Mougli has some weapon code tutorials i think.
    best place to learn is in the UT weapons though, the more you know about the framework epic has made the easier it is to do things.
    il look in to that, would make my life easier.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mougli has some weapon code tutorials i think.
    best place to learn is in the UT weapons though, the more you know about the framework epic has made the easier it is to do things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X