Back in Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why nov 2011?

my only requirements are a version that will run smoothly on my comp without crashing all the time.
    so far march 2010 has been an absolute joy, not a single crash or unexpected frame drop in 2 full days
    i do miss some of the editor tweaks, fbx import and lightshafts though.

Comment

I just find it fairly stable after using it for almost 6 months. March 2010 is like the 3rd or 4th version? Hehe

Comment

ah thats no longer available for some reason
        closest to that is june 2011, that any good?

Comment

The June 2011 version of UDK might be OK tegleg. That was around the time they added the new sky background with the moving skys into UDK. According to my notes, I did have a lot of trouble with the July 2011 beta so I wouldn't recommend trying to use that version.

Comment

Here is a link to the November, 2011 version.

http://download.udk.com/UDKInstall-2011-11-BETA.exe

All you need to do is change the dates if you want the others

UDKInstall-2011-07-BETA.exe
            UDKInstall-2011-08-BETA.exe
            UDKInstall-2011-09-BETA.exe
            UDKInstall-2011-10-BETA.exe
            UDKInstall-2011-11-BETA.exe
            UDKInstall-2011-12-BETA.exe

UDKInstall-2012-01-BETA.exe

Comment

Tegleg,
              I did a little playing around this morning and discovered the following. The UDK 02-2012 has good framerates (i.e. mid 40's) on my custom test level. The 03-2012 beta get's about 35 fps and 05-2012 gets 28-30 fps. That's running on a Win XP machine with a dual core AMD processor with a GT-520 2gig video card. Granted, it isn't the fastest machine but it's what I have. Nvidia driver 301.42 was used on all tests. Clearly, something has happened to UDK since March that has caused the Fps drop. So you might try the 02-2012 beta until next month when the UDK team can fix this bug.

Comment

Working...
              X