Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine 3 Licence Royalty Free

Hi,

I was just wondering if when you purchase an Unreal Engine 3 licence, do you still have to pay royalties?

Do you have $400k for UE3 PC only license?

Or do you have $100 for UDK license?

Comment

If you're interested in licensing UE3, you really need to discuss with Epic your terms. You won't get that information on a public board.

Comment

UDK is free until you start selling. Then you pay $100 up front and then 25% of profits after the first $50,000 in profits. A full Unreal 3 liscense costs a lot of money up front but gives access to everything.

Comment

I am aware of the UDK licencing scheme, I was just wondering if developers still have to pay royalties after they fork out a million on UE3 licence?

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER_S0L0 View Post
            I am aware of the UDK licencing scheme, I was just wondering if developers still have to pay royalties after they fork out a million on UE3 licence?
            No, once you buy the license you don't have to pay royalty anymore.

Comment

Do you have a UE3 licence? How do you know that?

Comment

Ask here: udklicensing@epicgames.com

Comment

You'd have to discuss the UE3 licensing with them. I'd imagine they can figure out an agreement for a lower-cost UE3 license with an agreement for royalties.

Comment

Nobody with a UE3 license is going to be able to discuss the terms with you, so you'll have to contact Epic yourself.

Comment

My understanding has always been that if you pay enough, there are no royalties. However licensing deals probably come in various shapes and sizes.

Comment

like Angel_Mapper said no licensee will tell you that, in their contract they are not allowed to disclose any information you get contracts that needs to be signed, contact epic it's the only way to answer your question

Comment

Working...
                        X