Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use "soften and harden" in doing staticmesh with UDK!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use "soften and harden" in doing staticmesh with UDK!?

Hello folks! I like doing staticmesh with UDK, but dont know how to use the soften and harden!...
    Is it posseble to dominate that, since sometimes my staticmesh comes out with soften edges and I am clueless how that happens!...
    ...and it be a big advantage to use such a tool in UDK...

you need to have the proper settings for both export and import of normals.

Comment

From UDK "CSG" to staticmesh converson!

Maybe I did not explain my self well...
      On doing "CSG" and converting it to Staticmesh, sometimes the mesh created is part "soften" and by default it is hard...
      How can you achive this!?...
      ...Or is it just a "BUG"!?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
        Maybe I did not explain my self well...
        On doing "CSG" and converting it to Staticmesh, sometimes the mesh created is part "soften" and by default it is hard...
        How can you achive this!?...
        ...Or is it just a "BUG"!?
        Don't convert CSG into static meshes. Saves you a lot of trouble.

Comment

UDK´s CSG is OK!!!

Well folks once you start working with CSG and making it into staticmesh its cool!!!
          Once you get used to it, it´s great! has a great lot of advantages, easy to use, very versatil and anyone can get the hang of it from basic to pro!!!
          just needs some minor funtionalltys and you can do almost anything with it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
            Well folks once you start working with CSG and making it into staticmesh its cool!!!
            Once you get used to it, it´s great! has a great lot of advantages, easy to use, very versatil and anyone can get the hang of it from basic to pro!!!
            just needs some minor funtionalltys and you can do almost anything with it!!!
            Just get a student version of 3ds max and make stuff there. CSG is old stuff that was the main geometry tool when the first Unreal Tournament was released. It's not really used anymore because it's inefficient and the tools are lightyears behind proper 3d modeling tools.

Comment

Working...
            X