[New Series] Rigging a character for UDK in 3ds Max and Maya Simultaneously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[New Series] Rigging a character for UDK in 3ds Max and Maya Simultaneously

This series will go over rigging a character in 3ds Max and Maya at the the same time..I'll be using two different skeletons,(both available to download on the UDN here,
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/rsrc/...leSkeleton.fbx
    and here,
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/rsrc/Three/UDKCustomCharacters/UT3_Male.max

The link to the online anatomical tool is here,
    http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomiaIng.html

I'll also be using FBX export for the characters exclusively and not ActorX......ActorX was dropped by Epic Games last year because their technical animator Jeremy Ernst in a recent Autodesk video said it had too many floors in the plugin.FBX Is fully supported in all Autodesk software and UDK..Many 3d applications have support for FBX too

Part 1 is uploaded to YouTube already here Rigging a character for UDK in 3ds Max and Maya Simultaneously Part 1

Just realised I've posted this in the wrong section, is there any chance you can move it to the character section , Flak or Jeff ?

Clear and concise, I think you would be an excellent teacher if you were ever so inclined. Thank you for providing these to the community!

Comment

Originally posted by TMichael View Post
      Clear and concise, I think you would be an excellent teacher if you were ever so inclined. Thank you for providing these to the community!
      Thanks .........................

Comment

Yes Maya rigging! I never wanted to learn proper rigging haha. Thanks for this!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
          Yes Maya rigging! I never wanted to learn proper rigging haha. Thanks for this!
          Thanks TheAgent
          Glad its going to be useful.............The whole series should be uploaded by next week..I'm flicking backwards and forwards between 3ds Max and Maya during the rigging so I'll try and add some annotations to let viewers know what parts of the videos are specific to them

Comment

thanks for the tutorial, really good !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daimaku View Post
              thanks for the tutorial, really good !!!!

Comment

Hi, your tutorials are great , but I'm having problems when exporting from maya to udk my mesh comes in as two parts. My character that is just the static mesh and then Character_b_Root which is the bones. In my they are binded together so I was just wondering where I missed something. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jfergus7 View Post
                  Hi, your tutorials are great , but I'm having problems when exporting from maya to udk my mesh comes in as two parts. My character that is just the static mesh and then Character_b_Root which is the bones. In my they are binded together so I was just wondering where I missed something. Thanks
                  So are you saying that you have two two separate mesh parts with a single bone skinned to one of the mesh components?

Comment

Working...
                  X