Using a custom installer for an UDK game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a custom installer for an UDK game

Hi everyone, my UDK game uses some custom dll in the UserCode folder and as far as i know there is no way to make UDK include these files while packaging the game. I didn't try with the march version but the problem is still there right?
    To resolve this i think that the only way is to create a custom installer for my. My question is: does this infringe the UDK license terms in some way? I've done some searches and it seem to me that it does not, but can anyone please completely remove any doubts about this?
    Many thanks

have you tried editing Binaries/UnSetup.Manifests.xml? editing that file allowed me to include whatever missing files I had into the installer

Comment

Thanks but that's not what i was asking. I've already tried editing that file, but it doesn't work for dll files in UserCode folder. I've found at least another thread were this problem is mentioned.
      What I would like to know is if it is legit to use a custom installer.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mux85 View Post
        What I would like to know is if it is legit to use a custom installer.
        No worries...You can use a custom installer.

Comment

The only thing in the license about that is that you have to present the UDK click-thro terms when the custom installer is run.

Comment

How would I go about doing that?

Comment

Hi all, sorry for updating old topic. I have the same problem as author, so is there any solution? How can i add my dll to UDK installer? Or i should create custom installer with "UDK click-thro terms", and i don't have any problems with licence? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X