Project lighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project lighting?

hey all, im working on a eve related project, i need a hologram (just a plane with a movie clip assigned) to emit dynamic light onto the floor and surrounding walls as the picture changes. got dx11 installed and had a go with the image based reflections but thats reflection rather than actual light.

Well I'm not sure how you'd do it exactly but you could sample and average some random colours in the video material and plug that into a light function as the colour of the light?

Could also maybe use the video as the highly blurred texture for a textured spotlight?

Comment

Originally posted by BmB23 View Post
      Well I'm not sure how you'd do it exactly but you could sample and average some random colours in the video material and plug that into a light function as the colour of the light?

Could also maybe use the video as the highly blurred texture for a textured spotlight?
      oh so you can project a texture, yea thats what i was wanting ill try that out ty

Comment

here is how you do that: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Devel...Functions.html

Comment

Working...
        X