Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for all the help guys.

I'll use all the tips to work on the stuff and hopefully get somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If your making foliage I would suggest looking at some of Epicss foliage first. Camera facing objects that the player runs around look pretty bad and your better off just making a static mesh. Check out their ivy which is done extremely well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you want your material or texture to face the camera, use the material editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try using speedtree, its probably the most elegant way of doing it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What you're asking for are billboards, effectively. You could program camera-facing planes, but I do believe that a particle setup can also do this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    Particles can do this (and many already do, such as the Link Gun projectiles).
    Would that work for things like foliage though? As some games have foliage that keep facing to the character but I not seen this used inside of UDK, not that I know of anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Particles can do this (and many already do, such as the Link Gun projectiles).

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Textures facing towards player?

Textures facing towards player?

Hello guys,

I was wondering is it possible inside of UDK to make a texture that when you rotate around it the front always looks towards the character? I know this can be done in Unity but I was more hoping to use UDK for my project.

Any help will be great,

Thank you in advance.

-Kyle
Working...
X