Amazing One-Texture Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing One-Texture Environment

What can one developer achieve with a single texture and the power of UDK? Talented 3D artist Tor Frick explains his crafty ways in the latest UDK showcase.

Download
    the content from this cool sci-fi lab environment now!

Attached Files

Mind blowing.

Comment

It's amazing how far you can get by experimenting... Looking forward to understand how was achieved.

Comment

He didn't use one absolute texture for the whole thing. One diffuse and one normal for all the props and modular assets (which is brilliant). There are other 13 textures used for reflections, skydome, bla bla. However, the marketing BS (of one texture for the WHOLE enviroment) is in my opinion an overkill.

Comment

It's the best sci-fi hallway I've seen lately, rivaling Zest Foundation, and beating it in terms of technical tricks.
          A very impressive and inspiring piece of art.

Comment

I've learned a lot lately looking at this example, thanks for sharing Epic!

Comment

It is truly Amazing One-Texture Environment.Quite useful for me.Thanks for sharing.

Comment

You gotta get creative sometimes, since the material editor gets angry if you have more than 15 texture samples.

Comment

Working...
                X