Best OS for UDK / Maya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best OS for UDK / Maya?

Alright im trying to decide between getting windows xp pro 64bit or windows 7 ultimate 64bt. Reason why im asking here , is because I want to know in spec usage , like Ram usage , CPU usage ,what operating system would be best for game development. That includes using Photoshop , Maya , UDK and so on. Yes i know theres also graphic cards , type of cpu and how many ram and all that. At the moment im only concerned about operating system.

So if you have knowledge regarding both of this system for game development, please post it. Thank you

Windows 7.

Comment

Windows 7 indeed.

Comment

MS-DOS!

Really, Windows 7. Windows 7 has better opengl (gpu acceleration for photoshop) and multithreading support and directx11.

Comment

And better hardware support

Comment

Microsoft stopped supporting XP. Many of the hardwares you buy wont work in XP anymore.

Comment

Windows 8.

Being serious, choose Windows 7. Windows 8 will/may be the better option though, once it's out of beta. Also, Microsoft have practically stopped supporting XP, and DirectX 11 is only available on the Vista/Win 7 OS'es.

Comment

Alright so i heard windows 8 and 7. Is windows 8 consumer preview any better than windows 7 ultimate or pratically same ?

Comment

Originally posted by DayanFernandez View Post
                  Alright so i heard windows 8 and 7. Is windows 8 consumer preview any better than windows 7 ultimate or pratically same ?
                  From what I hear, It takes up less processes than Windows 7 and has a faster boot-time, but I would really just recommend just staying with windows 7. Windows 8 is still just a beta, so there are a few kernel panics and crashes.

Comment

Working...
                  X