No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Custom Iron Sight - Depth of Field Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm definitely gonna look in to some off those things as soon as I have a little more free time..

Does you're material effect by any chance involve a scene depth node as a mask in a lerp between blurred/normal scene texture, or something along those lines? also, any idea what the depth of field node in the material editor does? I haven't been able to find any documentation at all on it..
    I'll see if I can figure it out..

Comment

hey, sorry for not answering the whole weekend, but I try to stay away from the internet on weekend as often as possible

To answer your question: yes! ^^

You use the scene depth to lerp between the normal scene and a blurred scene. But the Scene Depth node spits out a pretty useless vector, so you basically have to divide it every time by a number that satisfies your needs and after that clamp it(0-1).

The DepthOfField node is pretty useless in my opinion. I tried to figure it out and I did not find a usefull thing about it. It works, but it does not do anything better than a custom DOF with scene depth and lerping and stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X