Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Left To Rot- New Action Call of Duty pumping RTS and FPS Play mechanics combined!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left To Rot- New Action Call of Duty pumping RTS and FPS Play mechanics combined!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o-rot?ref=live

What’s different?

Most Zombie games just focus around the zombies themselves, and killing them. Besides Resident evil,Zombie games lack true story. We are taking the story to the next level where the plot will take you down many paths, and just when you think you have it figured out where the virus came from, a few more excellent twists, will have your head splitting in 2 from the excitement!

Another feature that we will have is being able to have small squads when playing the game like in the Star Wars the old Republic series of games. You have never been able to switch characters in any zombie game.

A really cool feature is that when you die, or go down injured, you will be able to switch to another squad member instead of waiting for someone to come and save you, this way you can stay in the action of the game. Half the time you could wait for a full minute for someone to come and revive you, and to a player that feels like hours on end. So we are eliminating that feeling all around.

This new RTS play mechanic being brought into Left to Rot is taking some Roleplaying Thinking Strategy features and combing them into our FPS game. With a snap of a button the camera will pan out of FPS view and into a above 3rd person view, showing the player and his team mates that he can control as well with a snap of a button. From this point on the player will be able to choose to either attack or defend his or her teammates and the player itself just like a traditional RTS game. This will solve the biggest problem with team mate based games, with the commands not always working correctly.

FIND OUT MORE WITH THE ABOVE LINK!

Just giving my part of criticism..

Not exactly "visually stunning"
    Intros were overdone.
    Scenery and textures are bleh.
    Melee animations are completely unrealistic..
    Blood particle effect could be better.

Comment

Basically what Derp said.
      -Intros are hard to follow because there are way too many effects happening at once.
      -Blood particles are likewise overdone. This may come down to a matter of personal taste, but having massive fountains of blood exploding everywhere all the time lessens the impact.
      -Too little gameplay, too many buzzwords. Instead of showing some solid gameplay and a deconstruction of features, there are just buzzwords flying at you interspersed with a couple of seconds of actual game footage.

Comment

Tell me the true welge8, you are the guy who donated 10$.

Comment

Call of duty ..heh.. i dident knew COD invented a whole new genre

Comment

Do not work for this guy he will scam you.. He does not pay his contractors..

Comment

hhhmmm I have 3 issues with this:

1) the name 'Call of Duty' is not a good game to be comparing your game to.....unless your aiming your game at 8 year olds. Ok Call of Duty 1 was good but then......meh. For christ sake it doesn't even have ragdoll physics and its on millioneth version.

2) zombies......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzombies

3) Left to rot..............Left for dead..............

This isn't really sparking my enthusiam on the originality fronts and I bet a gazillion South African rand that this doesn't come anywhere close to being as good as Left for Dead so I don't really see the point in trying to copy it........

Comment

Working...
              X