Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Hidden object takes damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden object takes damage

I have hidden a KActor object but if its shot it still takes damage.

Is there a way I can easily prevent this whilst it remains hidden, when its not hidden I'd like it to take damage.

The only way I can think is to use matinee and move it out of the way as I hide it and move it back as I toggle it from hidden.

I have 50 of these objects hence why Iam reluctant to use the matinee solution e.g. only 1 will ever be not hidden and its random as to which one is unhidden at any given time.

If you hide something, it is still there. Teleporting the actor is probably the way to do it.

Comment

You can also disable collision.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regarding the setting to no collision, I tried in Kismet using a Modify Property of the object by using these settings. the Property Name as ECollisionType, Ticking the Modify Property and the Property Value as COLLIDE_NoCollision.

I guess I haven't done this correctly as that doesn't seem to work.

Comment

TakeDamage in KActor is an event, you can disable it by calling Disable('TakeDamage');

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-vegetables View Post
            Thanks for the suggestions.

Regarding the setting to no collision, I tried in Kismet using a Modify Property of the object by using these settings. the Property Name as ECollisionType, Ticking the Modify Property and the Property Value as COLLIDE_NoCollision.

I guess I haven't done this correctly as that doesn't seem to work.
            Use the "Actor>Change collision" node instead.

Comment

Working...
            X