How to control the footsteps speed? [audio question]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to control the footsteps speed? [audio question]

Bascially, I've bound a letter in kismet to change the groundspeed BUT I also need to change the walk animation so that the FOOTSTEPS are slowed also.

I'm more interested in changing the speed of the footsteps obviously, as I'm making a game which concentrates on the sound of the footsteps. I asked about it and someone mentioned the footsteps are bound to the animation? If not, I just need some way (through kismet or scripting) to change the speed of the footsteps (or the delay between them). Just so it seems like I'm walking, then sneaking.

Thanks a bunch!

Divitoe.

The sounds are set to certain times of the animation, if you change the speed of the animation, the sound timing will change to match.

Comment

Great, thanks for that

Now, how would I go about changing the animation speed? Is it possible through kismet or is it strictly coding?

Also, If I could take the trigger for the sound and utilize it to trigger other sounds on top of the footsteps, this would be of great help!

Thanks again,

Divitoe.

Comment

Sorry to dig up this old thread but did you ever manage to get this working divitoe?

I need to do the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by maintunez View Post
          Sorry to dig up this old thread but did you ever manage to get this working divitoe?

I need to do the same thing
          Hi,

No I didn't unfortunately. The main purpose was for the footstep sounds, so I just muted the original footsteps, created a function in Kismet that tracked player velocity and mapped an appropriate timing for the footsteps based on that.

Thanks,

Divitoe.

Comment

Way num 1:

use the animtree functionality; there is a node that sets an animaton or another depending of the groundspeed. " BlendBySpeed" Something like that.

Way Num 2

With and from unrealscript, you can acces the animnode sequence that is in your animtree, reference it change the anim rate.

Comment

I havent gotent to the sound yet but for making my animations slower in the skeletalmeshcomponent you can change the GlobalAnimRateScale=1.0 to something below.In my case i use it for more realistic walking of the character and if i need him to run i apply a slomo comand in kismet bigger than 1.Its not the best way but this way it matches perfectly with the footstep sound speed(runing and walking)

Comment

Working...
              X