Feb UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb UDK

Yay, just wanted to thanx again for yet another UDK. Just installed and as usual, loving it!!!

Way to go EPIC, you ROCK!!!

"You can now save and share foliage settings in packages"
    yeaahhh thx you Epic!!!

Comment

+1 on the foliage packages!

Comment

On other hand, judging from the very few changes that are in this and past version over several, months, I guess Epic stopping development of UE3, and most of the team focusing on UE4 now.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
          On other hand, judging from the very few changes that are in this and past version over several, months, I guess Epic stopping development of UE3, and most of the team focusing on UE4 now.
          Well I think that this is true for the PC/home console part. However for the mobile section of the engine there is the MASSIVE improvement of Scaleform support so yay if it works! Same would go for blend masks but I can't access the help page for that... asks me for a password... what does that mean?

Comment

sry doublepost....

Comment

Is there a way to see what exactly they changed on the UDN documentation pages?

Comment

Originally posted by XilenceX View Post
                Well I think that this is true for the PC/home console part. However for the mobile section of the engine there is the MASSIVE improvement of Scaleform support so yay if it works! Same would go for blend masks but I can't access the help page for that... asks me for a password... what does that mean?
                SSL protected parts of UDN is for licensees only. They probably forgot to change the link, although this is not the first time.

You just need to change "https" in the link to "http" and you're good to go.

Comment

Why not yet support Android ? so sad. I don't want become lisence user and give 600 000 USD epic to support Android.

Comment

Scaleform on Ios, I think on of the best updates in a long time. Epic GG.

Comment

confused... isn't scaleform flash based?

Comment

yes, but flash isn't all that impossible on iOS AFAIK.
                        there's youtube and live streaming videos (ie. veetle) which are flash-based (though their iOS implementation might have nothing to do with flash at all). I think there's some flash lite deployment for iOS or something like that. so for some stuff there are workarounds, what's impossible is opening swfs that are embedded in a website which its main application.
                        after all, not surprising that ScaleForm has been ported to iOS, but it's still a great feature.

I'm a little disappointed in this UDK release though. As pointed before it seems Epic is slowing down the features on UDK because of UE4, but some quite important features like foliage collision and SpeedTrees as foliage are still missing.
                        Then again it might have something to do with February having less days and every release coming out further and further down the month

Comment

Working...
                        X