Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Invisible wall appears when packaging level

Hey,

I've created a level, and when playing in UDK itself, it works perfectly fine.

However, when I use Unreal Frontend to package the game into an .exe, that version of the level has an invisible wall stopping the player from going up a certain set of stairs.

I've checked the map in wireframe mode, and there's no blocking volume there or anything.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Harry.

Hey dude,

Having the same problem did you manage to figure out how to solve this, Any info would be appreciated tearing my hair out.

Thanks.

Comment

Does the stairs have a collision that would allow players to move on top of the steps?

Comment

load your game; enter the console command

show COLLISIONS

check to see what collider is blocking you. check your streaming volumes also, just in case you're streaming something in or out that you need, but loading/unloading at the wrong time.

does going up the stairs in the editor work?

Comment

Hey just saw this thread now.

I was able to fix the problem in the end.

For some unknown reason, the blocking volumes I'd created were messing up when packaging the game. Simply deleting the blocking volumes and re-creating them fixed the problem.

It might've been caused be overlapping blocking volumes, but I couldn't be 100% sure.

Comment

Working...
          X