Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several windows with one udk process

Hi All!

How udk process can share viewport trough several windows/monitors?
    And in each windows there's own camera FOV.

Thanks.

You could theoretically stretch it to cover multiple screens, but it wouldn't possible to differenciate between the screens in any way.

Comment

I believe than u will need to have few cameras with their own FOV, right. Now go to first viewport select your first camera,right click -> Snap View To Actor, than, Lock Selected Actors To Camera (button), next, click on button:Tear Off Floating Copy. Repeat that for every monitor u need.

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko Savich View Post
        I believe than u will need to have few cameras with their own FOV, right. Now go to first viewport select your first camera,right click -> Snap View To Actor, than, Lock Selected Actors To Camera (button), next, click on button:Tear Off Floating Copy. Repeat that for every monitor u need.
        I have big panoramic scene (consists with 3 monitors - 120 degrees around).
        What's about SoftTH?

Comment

Im lost, cant understand what u trying to get. I believe u cant have few cam, and to look through them in same time in one window, that will be like u have 6 eyes and all of them have different binoculars ,right? Every scene is ,actually, 360 degrees so that u can see 120 degrees is just good for you . I know in 3d max is one thing where u can setup two cameras so you can render stereoscopic images but this is only good if u have their focus on one object otherwise our brain will not render this pic so we will not be able to understand it. All of this is about real time rendering, but, if u like to have movie where u can see and to pass through different cameras that is another thing.

Comment

I need clent-server game
            And server has 3 monitors (on videocards) splits in one big plane

And clients (max 3 child processes) connectd to server udk.
            Each udk process must have own cameraview, but child cameras attached to server camera object. (moving on some distance from server camera).

For splitting 3 monitors into one SoftTH (http://softth.com/) will help.

Comment

Aaah gotcha, but u see, this is not 3 cameras, this is one, but resolution on this is 5040x1050 , thats all. I saw that in some online games. Im not sure how UDK handle resolution i mean i think u cant just stretch your game window (not sure about that) i believe this u can handle through see the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-7A...jV5vcXqBQcHYt- and http://www.youtube.com/user/scalefor...?feature=watch there u will see how u can setup resolution change using scaleform -Main menu system- but to just grab your game window and stretch it through all your monitors, im not sure how to do that in game. If you asking how to do that in editor, just detach window and stretch it, but for game , i believe u have to use menu system settings.

Comment

Working...
              X