Mac or Pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac or Pc

I was thinking, I'll need a persnoal computer to do schoolwork etc. so i was going save up and put my birthday present towarsds it.

also, What is the best computer for UDk and getting coursework etc. done?

A mac and which one?

or a PC and which one?

Links would be nice, thanks!

would a mac air still be ok for UDK?

A Mac isn't going to help you as much for UDK, since it's Windows only, you'd have to install Windows in bootcamp and then there's not much point in spending the extra money for a Mac just to install Windows on it.

Comment

lol Guess this thread was wrapped up pretty fast

Comment

Originally posted by lunatorra View Post
        lol Guess this thread was wrapped up pretty fast
        Yeah...

Get a Windows machine.

Comment

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I assume this means there are no plans for UDK to be made available for the Mac?

Comment

Originally posted by expressions View Post
            Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I assume this means there are no plans for UDK to be made available for the Mac?
            No, currently there are even less people that develop games on Mac than play games on Mac. And for the developers they can just install Windows for UDK.

Comment

Developers don't build tools for a Mac because the operating system is a closed platform (unless you pay extortionate fees). They can avoid all that stress by developing their tools for a windows platform.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                Developers don't build tools for a Mac because the operating system is a closed platform (unless you pay extortionate fees). They can avoid all that stress by developing their tools for a windows platform.
                Windows is most certainly a "closed platform" or as closed as MacOS. I'm not sure what you mean exactly. MacOS X is built upon Unix... which in itself is an open platform. And I'm pretty sure most people would agree that the cost for developing for the Windows platforms is considerably more than for the Mac.

Have you used the Mac SDK? It's very impressive. And I believe it costs $5 thru the app store.

Comment

Windows.
                  Macs don't even own Direct X.

Comment

Working...
                  X