Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What time can build in Android OS for next UDK update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I assume that Epic will probably keep the Android support to full UE3 licensing, because the support involved is probably significantly higher with the wide variety of Android devices. That's just a guess, AFAIK Epic hasn't stated why they've held back the Android support, but it seems rather logical to me.

I'm not trying to debate "fragmentation" in any sort of silly iOS versus Android fanbois war, just that the support issues are a reality of the differences between the platforms.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    android is available for the full licence holders afaik.
    'full licence' meaning the full ue3 engine and source code.
    just for android 4 would be a waste of time for everyone, hardly anyone even has android 3. im an android developer myself so i know this for a fact.
    http://developer.android.com/resourc...-versions.html
    "Hardly anyone even has android 3."

Android 3 was a fork for tablets which got reined back in with Ice Cream Sandwich. Whenever their carriers and OEMs get around to it, a lot (not A LOT, but a lot) of Gingerbread phones will be upgraded directly to Ice Cream Sandwich. Honeycomb is not really an "intermediate version".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vahid67 View Post
    i hope in future versions UDK support android...
    yes , me too !
    but feb 2012 UDK not yet support it ... so sad.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i hope in future versions UDK support android...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What has that got to do with anything? The number of "app game", as you call it, on a platform's marketplace is completely meaningless. At least half the games on iOS and Android are clones of the other half and half the ones which aren't are hard to even call "games" in the first place. A lot of devs even clone their own games just to generate more sales of the same product with minor visual alterations. Mobile app marketplaces are a breeding ground for rubbish as virtually anything can be uploaded to them. Android is even worse for that as anything CAN be uploaded to google's marketplace without being certified first.

So, in summary, the amount of "app game" released on the platforms means absolutely nothing when discussing the platforms success and their marketplaces and so on. It has even less relevance when discussing how long it will take Epic to push support for Android down from UE3 to UDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    now , iOS have 550K app game , ANDROID have 750K app game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also doubt Android support will be in the next UDK update, but I would jump for joy if it was lol. I can't wait to develop games for both Android and iPhones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, I'm saying it probably will not happen in the next update

It could happen, but there's no reason to think so

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I trust next update can build in Android , darthviper107 , me too . ^_^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I doubt it will come in the next update

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I only trust UDK support android for next update , and I not waste 600 000 USD to buy the UE3 lisence that only development Android !!!!
    excuse me , I not waste 600 000 USD to get lisence to only development Android , UDK must support Android , this is great business.

excuse me again , please immediately support android . please .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    android is available for the full licence holders afaik.
    'full licence' meaning the full ue3 engine and source code.
    just for android 4 would be a waste of time for everyone, hardly anyone even has android 3. im an android developer myself so i know this for a fact.
    http://developer.android.com/resourc...-versions.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no . XstreamTech , not must lisence UE3 buildin android , only next update , support UDK buildin android os.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is no licensed version of UDK.

Android is not available to UDK in any way yet. Nobody but Epic Games knows if and when it will be.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice to know =D thanks XstreamTech for the answer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X