Animating world variables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animating world variables?

Is it possible to animate world properties? I would like to animate the bloom scale.

I believe you can change many of them at run time through code.

For bloom however you need not access world properties, as you can change the values using a post process volume and access that instead.

Comment

I do believe I would need a camera anim for that?

Haven't been able to get camera anims to work with my custom player controller.

Comment

You don't need camera anims. Just access the post process volume or material directly from kismet/script.

Comment

One question more, sorry - how can I play and rewind some Matinee animation in Kismet through the UScript ?
          Thanks. I see no other way to make a random weather system.

Comment

I don't know if you can access the matinee directly (though you probably can, seeing as you can assign them variable names), but you could just make event that triggers whenever you want it to and link it to the rewind or play.

Comment

Yea its a great idea with triggers too along with the variables idea. Thanks! Though, in look for variables I see no ability to bind any integer/float value to a Matinee Playtime

Comment

I don't know about that, sorry.

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                You don't need camera anims. Just access the post process volume or material directly from kismet/script.
                So I would just refer it as an object variable? Thanks.

Comment

I couldn't say exactly other than that you can do it. I don't use kismet.

Comment

Yea just select your postprocessvolume and make a float property track in your matinee, it will bring up a dialog with a dropdown allowing you to select properties that can be modified (and will automatically make an object variable for you and hook it up to the matinee)

Comment

Hmm, I am afraid float property is giving me drawscale only.

It doesn't have to be a specific kind of group, does it?

Comment

Most objects only give you drawscale but provided you have your PostProcessVolume selected when you *make* the group and the new track (i.e. the postprocessvolume object variable has been hooked up to the group input on the matinee), then it should offer you many more properties than that. I haven't tried this in latest UDK so there's a chance it's broken I guess.

Comment

I am using UDK-2011-07, and PostProcessVolume is indeed only giving me DrawScale. Wasn't there a DynamicPostProcessVolume at one point?

Edit:

So I was able to get the result I wanted by having two post process volumes, one with the end result, and one with the beginning, then I just toggled it off and used a slow interpolation on the second. It's not perfect, and certainly not a "correct" way to do it, but hey, it works.

Comment

Working...
                          X