How to rename a upk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to rename a upk?

Is there a way to rename a package without loosing all of the references in a level? I have two files with the same name and I need to rename the package, since the other is a game class and would mean a lot of code editing to fix the classes. The problem is that if I rename the upk package, all the objects in the level become null. So is there a way to rename the package without having to go through each individual object and point it to the new path?

Have you tried renaming the package inside of UDK rather than the file in Windows?

Comment

How do you do that?

Comment

I haven't tried this---I'm just wondering maybe if you go to the content browser, and then try and rename a package it'll route the file path to the renamed package. It might not be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
          I haven't tried this---I'm just wondering maybe if you go to the content browser, and then try and rename a package it'll route the file path to the renamed package. It might not be possible.
          I'm pretty sure that wont work. You can try copying the package in windows and use consolidate feature inside content browser but this could take quite a bit of time if you have a lot of assets. But as far as I know, there is no easy way of doing this.

Comment

You can move all of the assets from the original package to a new one in the Content Browser, which will leave redirectors in the original package. Those tell references pointing to the original package where to find the content. Then you can run the 'fixupredirects' commandlet to update all of the references in all maps and packages with the new locations and clean up all the redirectors.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/FixUp...ommandlet.html

Comment

thanks ffjfhjhjhgjg :} . had lost lots of stuff from previuous versions that i saved using the defualt my package without thinking.

Comment

Working...
              X