Kismet Trigger Using Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet Trigger Using Weapons

What is the best way to trigger an event in kismet when you shoot something with your weapon? I just want to set it up so that when the player shoots an area on the wall, a matinee sequence starts. I have the matinee set up, but I just need to figure out how to trigger the event with a weapon.

No need to start a new thread on the same topic.

You need to either start scripting, or you could use a trigger and wrap it around the object in question, the TakeDamage event does work on those.

Comment

You can use a TakeDamage event with an InterpActor and it should trigger when shot with a weapon.

Comment

yep takedamage works fine. as above : convert static mesh to mover,assign collision. in kismet add event -take damage- set damage threshold.

the take damage works great for many possible ideas. i have made badguys/bosses with it . attach movers together , then u can do lots of things, at 100 damage one part blows up,effects,sounds, ,200 another,300 fires a rocket and so on. modular style. animation from matinee etc.no good for open world type games but for platformers is fine.

how do you disable collision for the player? for some reason i cant figure it out ,change collision node in kismet doesnt do it for player works fine for static meshes etc .i had a look in the .uc but didnt find it. what should i look for?.

reason i want to do this ? -- lol another one of my crazy workaround ideas. making a tank from movers and attaching it to the player.at the moment iam using the player who is hidden for collision.it works fine but iam thinking will be better using the movers collision instead. if i enable collision on movers while player is inside hidden nothing works.
        lol can hear people saying that my tank useless because its only good for one map,cant be transfered to every map.... solved that by making it a prefab ,drag and drop.has muzzle flash,jump effect ,respawning.,lives, game over etc. the pic is a new map i dropped the prefabs in to test.i can update the prefab with more features/functions over time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Thanks for the guide. I needed this! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X