Interactive Particles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Particles

I'm looking to create some basic interactive smoke. Something that'll move when the player moves through it, I've looked around and found http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PhysX...Reference.html and it seems to be along the same lines but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. Thanks in advance. =)

Small bump, if no one knows I'll have to try messing around things. If I manage to find anything I'll post it here.

Comment

. iam suprised noone has replied . iam sure was only few days /last week epic showed a tut on how to do interactive particles for explosions. i saw it and thought it looked way to much work for me just yet..the example showed how to replace the rocket launcher particle effect with physx ones.

anyone else seen it , i cant remeber where i it was ?.

Comment

This doesn't necessarily have to be done with physx particles. You need to have a collision module inside of your emitter inside of cascade. You could then attach an invisible collision mesh to your character that will push away the particles. You need to tweak the values of your collision module so your particles don't die immediately after colliding with a mesh, as well as your dampening values and max collision value.

There are other issues to consider going this route as well. Collisions happen at the very center of the sprite, so for large smoke you potentially can see your character clipping through the particle before it collides. Offsetting your collision mesh on your character do be a bit larger would fix this. Also using depthbiasedalpha in your material will soften out bad intersecting edges that

Comment

Working...
        X