Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Plug n Play] Aeroplane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    First of all thank you for this aweswome contribution
    i have played with the code a little bit so i can unterstand most of the functions and lately i have tried to add some realistic landing and take over for the plane but i pretty much failed
    what i have done is increase the ForwardVel for which the plane drop down and add another condition about the rise but i just discover with the log that the rise variable does not change basicly always take 0 as a value here is the code

if (ForwardVel < 500 && Rise < 0.2)
    {
    //drop if not enough speed and rise
    Rise = -0.2;
    }
    and i want just to desactivate physique when i'm at the ground (Rise=-0.2) i don't want the plane to be like if it was in sky when i'm just at the ground i don't really know how to switch between physiques same thing that i want to do is related to the speed i mean the plane has to take over only if the speed is at a certain value i have thought about increasing and decreasing the mass scale of the physic in fonction of the rise and speed but i don't really know ho to proceed any ideas ?

Comment

Dude I'd just like to thank you for uploading such awesome samples/work. XD

Comment

Hi Teggzz,

Sorry to bother you dude, over the past month I've finally begun my dive into Unreal script and have my first official goal to create an aircraft from a base class. As of now things are going great along with your tutorials/scripts and the help of many other sites including epics content I've been able to pretty much get a plane moving that can rise and turn.

My issue is that I'm not able to make my plane roll regardless off what type of changes I make to it and bStayUpright hasn't affected any outcome.

Here's a sample of what I have so far in my project:

class AirPlane extends SVehicle
        //abstract;
        placeable;

simulated function SetInputs(float InForward, float InStrafe, float InUp)
        {
        local Rotator rot;

super.SetInputs(InForward, InStrafe, InUp);
        rot= Rotation;

rot.Yaw = rot.Yaw - Steering * 256;
        rot.Pitch = rot.Pitch + Rise * 0.075;
        rot.Roll = rot.Roll - Steering;

SetRotation(rot);

Velocity = Throttle*512*Vector(rot);

}

defaultproperties
        {

Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
        SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'Jet.Jet'
        // AnimTreeTemplate=AnimTree'VH_Cicada.Anims.AT_VH_Ci cada'
        PhysicsAsset=PhysicsAsset'Jet.Jet_Physics'
        //AnimSets.Add(AnimSet'VH_Cicada.Anims.VH_Cicada_Ani ms')
        // BlockNonZeroExtent=true
        // BlockZeroExtent=true
        // CollideActors=true
        // BlockActors=true
        End Object

// Mesh = JetMesh
        // Components.Add(JetMesh)
        //// Components.Remove(CollisionCylinder)
        // CollisionComponent=JetMesh

Physics=PHYS_Flying

/* bStayUpright=false
        StayUprightRollResistAngle=5.0
        StayUprightPitchResistAngle=5.0
        StayUprightStiffness=1200
        StayUprightDamping=20*/

}

Thanks for any help and I understand if you don't feel like getting involved considering the amount of content you've already put together.
        -Nox

Comment

yes i had issues like that with it, its bacause its based on Vehicle.uc and has a SimHelicopter component so it has all the native physics things preventing it from flying properly.
          the only thing i can suggest is to try my Aeroplane Man code. its based on Pawn.uc and has roll and can even loop the loop
          good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
            yes i had issues like that with it, its bacause its based on Vehicle.uc and has a SimHelicopter component so it has all the native physics things preventing it from flying properly.
            the only thing i can suggest is to try my Aeroplane Man code. its based on Pawn.uc and has roll and can even loop the loop
            good luck.
            Oh wow, sweetttt XD thank you so much Tegs I'll keep you updated if you wish to know the final outcome

Comment

I am new at this

how do I install?

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...8easy-guide%29

Comment

Hi Tegleg,

Thank you very much for the useful stuffs you are posting here! Really makes our life easier. Although I would like to ask some help, I wanted to change the mesh for my own but I got stuck. I made everything so it's identical to your plane, same bone name, same sockets and made my own physics asset then I renamed my Skeletalmesh and physics asset to be same as yours (renamed yours too so it shouldn't cause problem). Now the problem is that if I put it on the level, it is still your mesh... o.O I couldn't find anything in the scripts that is tied to that mesh except the name and couldn't find anything on your mesh that is tied to the script. Really awkward. If I delete your mesh, nothing shows up on the level.

Thank you again.

Comment

change it in the script where you find this
                    Code:
                    Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
                    SkeletalMesh=
                    change it to

SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'yourpackage.yourmesh'

right click the mesh in the browser, copy to clipboard
                    paste into the script, save, recompile, play

Comment

Wooaahh! Thank you, there was a ".mesh." part in front of the mesh name that isn't shown anywhere in Ued. Now I can fly with it but it goes really weirdly, randomly steering. It is probably caused by the mesh orientation, because if I rotate your Spitfire it does the same thing. Although I was trying to rotate into different ways, or just zero it out, it's still not working with mine... I was following the UDN-s tutorial.http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/SVehicleCreation.html Oriented the same way as it says and at import clicked assume maya orientation.

BTW, this is a 3rd year uni project, we are planning to create a World of Tanks like game, just with flying ships.

Comment

the maya orientation on that page is nonsence, i have dealt with that from a few model makers.
                        make the orientation the same as my plane model on import, whatever that is in maya.

Comment

Working...
                        X