Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copyright Question about one relatively old game :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copyright Question about one relatively old game :)

Hello, Guys.
    I decided to get back to game development and i have simple problem with one game which i wanted to remake...
    Well, It's name is The I Of The Dragon... It's from 2005 and designed by Primal Software and distributed by Hypermax.
    Well, i cannot find any information about activity of Primal Software so i starting to believe they are dead...
    But anyways, about copyright, when i want to do non-commercial remake of this game, could be here a problem with copyright?
    Thank you guys for any informations or suggestions...

Yes, there is always a problem with copyright no matter if you're planning on selling the game or not. And 2005 isn't that old for a game.

Comment

Correction: It's from year 2002... By the way.. Their official site is replaced by some Russian site.. I don't know but i believe they are dead... Even if they are dead, is there still problem with copyright?

Comment

Yes, if they aren't in business there is still copyright issues. It's likely some big publisher owns the property now if the developer is no longer around.

Comment

So, when publisher is Hypermax.. They own it?

Comment

With a simple Google search, I found the current website for it: http://www.i-dragon.com/index_eng.htm. It's a gamble as to whether the developer will care about your remake or even notice. What will likely happen, though, is that they will simply ask you to stop your game entirely. If you don't comply, then you get sued. That's how it works in the USA. Don't ask me about other countries.

Comment

Infringing on the Intellectual property of others is illegal and expressly prohibited in the UDK EULA.

Comment

Working...
              X