Extreme noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme noob

1. If I wanted to develop an IOS game for ipad/iphone, would I need a specific ios license? Can I develop the game on windows 7 for a game to be played on ios?

2. Lets say I originally want to release the game for free and then right before I release the game decide I want to charge money, can I then pay the up front $99 fee or do I have to decide to pay the $99 fee before development?

3. I have no experience in programming, but am eager to learn and consider myself above average in learning ability. Would making a game like Alien Breed solo be close to impossible?

Originally posted by gameramer View Post
    1. If I wanted to develop an IOS game for ipad/iphone, would I need a specific ios license? Can I develop the game on windows 7 for a game to be played on ios?
    You can develop a iOS game on Windows, but I do believe you need a Mac down the road to deal with Apple's licensing.

2. Lets say I originally want to release the game for free and then right before I release the game decide I want to charge money, can I then pay the up front $99 fee or do I have to decide to pay the $99 fee before development?
    You can purchase the $99 commercial license at any time before you start charging for your UDK game. The license and the UDK are not related in that the license does not affect the development of your game as far as toolset features are concerned.

3. I have no experience in programming, but am eager to learn and consider myself above average in learning ability. Would making a game like Alien Breed solo be close to impossible?
    It's not impossible, but it would take some time.

Comment

Are we saying 3, 6, 12, or 24 months of 60 hours per week?

Comment

Depends on how quickly you can learn and implement things, and if you pick up help. A game like Alien Breed is easily done with UDK, but if you've never touched it before, you'll have some learning to do each time you want to implement new features.

Comment

You can buy a UDK license right before you put it up for sale, you don't need it for development, unless you're already making money somehow. You will also need an Apple developer license to be able to release the app in the app store (paid or free) and you'll need it for testing on the device as well.

Comment

Working...
          X