Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New computer, again!

Hi,

Im going to get a new computer! Yes finally!

Im asking you if this one is good for udk?(PS. 16GB Ram)

Mark Asus
    Type Performance
    Processor Intel ® Core ™ i7 Quad-Core 2670QM (Sandy Bridge)
    Frequency Processor 220 GHz
    Turbo Boost 310 GHz
    Cache Processor 6 MB
    RAM 16 GB
    Memory Type DDR3-1333
    Hard Drive 1 TB
    Screen Size 1730 '
    Screen Type LED FullHD 1920x1080 pixels
    Graphic card NVIDIA ® GeForce ™ GTX560M
    Graphics Memory 3072MB dedicated
    Audio System Speakers and microphone
    EAX Advanced HD 5.0
    THX TruStudio
    Optical Drive DVD ± RW Double Layer
    Card Reader SD Card
    MultiMedia Card
    Memory Stick
    Memory Stick Pro
    Chamber Yes
    Communications Wireless LAN 802.11n
    Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
    10/100/1000 Gigabit Network
    Interfaces 1x USB3.0
    3x USB2.0
    HDMI
    3.5 mm Jack
    Operating System Windows ® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Software Nuance PDF
    Microsoft ® Office 2010 Starter
    Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 (30 days)
    Power2Go
    Syncables Desktop
    Google Toolbar package &
    Console GamePark
    Win flash ASUS
    SmartLogon Asus
    Live Update ASUS
    Express Gate
    Asus WebStorage
    ASUS Wireless Console 3
    Windows package Live4 Toolbar &
    Super Hybrid Engine
    ASUS Vibe
    AIRecovery ASUS
    ASUS Splendid
    ASUS Rotation Desktop
    ASUS Game Fast
    Battery Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery cells 8
    Other Features Backlit Keyboard
    Accessories Transport Backpack
    Optical Mouse
    Power Adapter AC 150 Watts
    Dimensions 325 x 420 x 20 ~ 62 mm
    Weight 428 Kg
    Benchmark - System 8600
    Benchmark - 3D Graphics 9227
    Shipping Costs Family III (see details)

Why laptop?

Comment

I dare say your question of "is it good for udk" must be rhetorical. 2670QM + 560M + 16gigs RAM equates to awesomeness, at least in the laptop spectrum. The only thing I'd say is get a good laptop cooler; I don't assume you'd have too much of an issue if you're using it as a desktop replacement (and thus not using it on your lap too much,) but my aging ASUS gets pretty hot even with a cooler. Once/if you get it, let us know how it performs! I've been wondering how the mobile i7s do with UDK; my mobile core2 is horrid with lightmass rendering, but an i7 with 3+ghz turbo should do just fine! (Assuming that it can handle the heat. )

Comment

Originally posted by ADF86 View Post
        I dare say your question of "is it good for udk" must be rhetorical. 2670QM + 560M + 16gigs RAM equates to awesomeness, at least in the laptop spectrum. The only thing I'd say is get a good laptop cooler; I don't assume you'd have too much of an issue if you're using it as a desktop replacement (and thus not using it on your lap too much,) but my aging ASUS gets pretty hot even with a cooler. Once/if you get it, let us know how it performs! I've been wondering how the mobile i7s do with UDK; my mobile core2 is horrid with lightmass rendering, but an i7 with 3+ghz turbo should do just fine! (Assuming that it can handle the heat. )
        I'm pretty sure it was more of him wanting to have us all see how awesomely powerful his computer is rather than actually wanting to know the answer to the question. Unless he is spending an absurd amount of money on this laptop and doesn't really know what he's getting or what all the funny chip names and numbers.. In which case, yes, yes it is. Although the fact that this thing weighs in at around 1/2 tonne(428 KG) you might want to reconsider working with this thing on your lap

Comment

Laptops are only nice for portability. In every other way (except maybe price), they are inadequate. They just can't go the extra steps to deliver a truely high quality performance. If portability is a must, however, then that laptop is definitely high-luxury. It's good enough, but I'd bet you can build a really nice desktop for much less.

Comment

Working...
          X