Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HLEP, Rigid Body colliding with terrains poly-edges, strange skipping occurs! :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HLEP, Rigid Body colliding with terrains poly-edges, strange skipping occurs! :/

Hey Guys! Posting here as I'm not sure what forum the problem actually belongs to!

As you may or may not have heard (probably haven't :P) we at The Elemental Windmill are currently working on a dustruction-based game ion which you play as a ball with interchangable weapons! This ball (which we in the dev-team temporarily call 'Spikey') is a SkeletalMesh for which we have activated rigid-body physics and apply torque to roll around! Unfortunetelly though, there seems to occur some strange 'skipping' whenever we roll around on terrain! I investigated a bit further when this first appeared and came to the conclusion that the rigid-body collision mesh on Spikey was in some way 'colliding' with the individual polygon-edges of the terrain! Every time we rolled over one of them, Spikey reacted as if there was either a small crevice or a small ledge (i guess they're kindof the same..) there and would, like mentioned, skip!

Is this something known or are we doing something strange, and if so what might we be doing and how should we tackle this? O____O

Best regards and thanks in advance!// Sky - The Elemental Windmill! ^-^

Bumper.....

Comment

Come on guys! Nothing? O__O You want me to post a video of it? ^-^

Comment

Working...
      X