Default FOV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default FOV

Hi, sorry for creating a thread on such a mundane topic, but my internet is useless at the moment and I am not able to search or use google nor the UDN.

What is the Default FOV of UDK, and where is it handled?

Scripting wise it can be found in the UDKEngine.ini under [UnrealEd.EditorEngine] (around line 487)
    OR
    [UnrealEd.UnrealEdEngine] (around line 570)
    I am not sure if that helps at all, since I just discovered that last night, but I hope it does help.

Comment

One should edit the default files, not the UDK files, as they are overwritten by the info in the Default files.

I have however been unable to locate FOV in the default files.

The settings you suggested also seem to only be related to the editor.

Comment

probably mainly handled in Camera.uc in Engine.

All the functions are there, and then you have

defaultproperties
        {
        DefaultFOV=90.f

Comment

Hmm, I don't use a camera class, my camera is handled in my playercontroller.

I suppose if I extend camera UC, and link that up to... my controller is it, or where would I state what camera class is to be used? Will it override my camera related functions in the playercontroller?

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
            Hmm, I don't use a camera class, my camera is handled in my playercontroller.

I suppose if I extend camera UC, and link that up to... my controller is it, or where would I state what camera class is to be used? Will it override my camera related functions in the playercontroller?
            Tbh I am quite certain that you have to have a camera...

Comment

Try simply entering the defaultFOV you want in the playercontroller defaultproperties.

Comment

the base PlayerController class has the following properties:

FOVAngle=85.000
                CameraClass=class'Camera'
                DesiredFOV=85.000000
                DefaultFOV=85.000000

If you want to override the Camera class with your own you'd add that CameraClass line to your PlayerController class. I'm not sure which one of the FOV lines there are best for doing what you want but I'm sure you don't need to resort to messing with the camera class at all, just try each of those FOV properties til one does what you want.

Comment

Hmm, I tried editing all three, but none seemed to have any effect.

I'll try setup a camera class, but I just hope it doesn't override my custom camera.

Comment

Wait wait. So you do use a custom camera? Explain your implementation.

Comment

I use a custom camera, but not a custom camera class, I control the camera by modifying ViewRotation in the PlayerController.
                      Anyway, I have setup the custom camera class and modified the DefaultFOV in there, it works perfectly. It appears the playercontroller overrides the camera class, and not the other way around. Logically I guess, since the controller get's the info from the camera, rather than the other way around.

Comment

Right, well good that one of the things worked.

Comment

Working...
                        X