Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allowed to post about game copyright though?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allowed to post about game copyright though?

If I am making a game that lets say...Halo is involved and there is copyright issues, if these issues are cleared up and that group of people are allowed by 343 Industries to make the game, can they post here on UDK on like the WIP section? I remember awhile back about how that is copy right infringement and stuff and UDK no likey that, so if permission by the copyright holders is given can we post here on the UDK forums? Oh and uh we aren't going to violate any UDK rules either.
    Thanks

The EULA has a section about no IP infrigement. Halo is Microsoft's biggest IP. Making any game based on that you will get your C&D. What's really fun to do is wait till a project has a TON of work put into it and looks amazing, then blast them with a cease and desist. Then read them blasting whoever they stole from in some forum as though the theft is now the victim.

Comment

Preface: I am not an authority on this topic... just a dude on the internet giving advice. Take are your personal risk.

He's asking if he could talk about his project here if given permission by the content holder.

Before you ask Epic -- ask the content holder. In the slight chance they let you use their IP: they will probably have a huge contract with non-disclosure agreements, regular oversight from producers, etc.

After you get the deal down with the content holder, then and only then discuss with Epic.

Or... just make your own original content.

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
        Preface: I am not an authority on this topic... just a dude on the internet giving advice. Take are your personal risk.

He's asking if he could talk about his project here if given permission by the content holder.

Before you ask Epic -- ask the content holder. In the slight chance they let you use their IP: they will probably have a huge contract with non-disclosure agreements, regular oversight from producers, etc.

After you get the deal down with the content holder, then and only then discuss with Epic.

Or... just make your own original content.
        Well I am talking to 343i just wanting the say from the Franchise Manager, but if they say no, I do have my own universe to make but I just wanted more experience before starting it.

Comment

The Halo IP was opened up for non-commercial use in fan projects a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
            The Halo IP was opened up for non-commercial use in fan projects a long time ago.
            I know but 343i is just making us do things...well they didn't say much except the franchise Manager or something has to read over our "information" stuff. I just remember something on UDK about how it wasn't allowed (may have been due to the fact they didn't have permission) but I just wanted to get this clarified.

Comment

Working...
            X