UDK characters & animations to download and use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oops, sorry about that. I always forget to check. I will be more carful from now on. Sorry again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why did you reply to a 2 year old post...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by online|offworld View Post
    evolver.com
    it just goes to http://www.autodesk.com/industry/med...inment/film-tv
    not evolver.com.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used this to start out with, and it served me fine. http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ut-Starter-Kit
    Granted, I too was wanting custom anims, but by the time you get to that point in coding you might as well start thinking about an art department.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    alexzellalex,i have pm`d you with updated link but your inbox is full.
    also if you had trouble opening the first upk,let me know which build of UDK you use.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a very interesting subject, while my modelling skills are far from being good i have released useable content, the main problem you have is the simple fact with UDK people want to make money, in the old "modding" days you just had to find like minded people and you made a team.

but back to the main point it's swings and roundabouts either you make your own content or you buy it or one hand washes the other (but that requires lots of trust)

btw UDK comes with all the stuff a coder needs characters/weapons/vehicles/enviroments !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by online|offworld View Post
    evolver.com
    THAT is very interesting, sir. Thanks for sharing the link.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @gaz661 awesome idea, and good to see !
    and @online|offworld - i have searched the internet highways many a night and never would i have ever found this site. its really impressive. thanks !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    evolver.com

Leave a comment:

• replied
    these are the exact reasons i started my website.being a modeller of over twenty years experience(purely as a hobby)i soon realised when i first downloaded UDK that modelling alone was not enough to make a game.and i thought if im on the modelling side,there must be many people who dont make models,but still want to make games.you are right.ive gone from never seeing a line of code,to being able to stumble my way through vehicles,characters and weapons,all thanks to code posted on these forums.
    my character modelling skills arent that good,so i havnt released a character yet,but i am working in that direction at the moment.
    anyway,my point is,give a little and get a little back.after all,epic gave us udk.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i dont wana use it in final release
    i just thought it would be cool if coders could get easier access to nice characters etc...
    where as modellers and animators can easily find script to help them

i respect that someone wouldnt wana share their creation

but ive helped people out with scripting characters n weapons for someone's 3D content - and i dont mind i enjoy helping and i still learn stuff
    but when i ask for a mesh or something that i cant do, i get told im being bad and shouldnt ask for stuff like that. as gentlemngraphics proves my point "no one will do this" - but yet we give out coding examples all the time

and my point is, testing code is fine and stuff, but it would be great to see it with something more than just an ugly block - it would also force scripting advances as well. as soon as you bring in another character or weapon with custom anims, id be coding something completly new and different and learning.
    where as if i just have a block that is one thing, its hard to look beyond that

i guess its just me - although i have seen others ask "does anyone have a character i could download" and everyone tells them "no way - go make your own"

i really dont mean to come off as a bad guy or to annoy anyone - i was just wondering, if anyone did have any character/anims they wouldnt mind sharing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah that's not true. I'm not sure how many people would let you use the content in a final release -- but many would let you use it for development.

I don't really know what the point of that is though: if you're testing code, isn't a box with the texture "gun" hand-drawn on it just as good as a beautiful rifle with 15,000 polygons?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha I have a better game then you. ;D Seriously no one will do this.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UDK characters & animations to download and use

UDK characters & animations to download and use

i have been trying to find somewhere or even someone who wouldn't mind if i used their custom character or anims just for testing in game stuff

a a programmer, you can go so far in creating game elements but it would be nice to add other aspects for the visual and to see what else you can do. the udk robot and anims are quite ugly when you start developing none fps mechanics.

i understand a lot of people don't wana give up their art and hard work, but ive realised its a lot easier for modellers and artists to grab code and put their work into a game setting, where as for someone who doesn't have access to that creative content its a lot harder.

i dont know if other ppl will agree or totally disagree, but all im asking is if anyone would mind if i used a character/anims ?
Working...
X