Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    thanks !

my dream : 50 Moving KActors (10 are colliding with player or world when moving) + 64 players + 950 Sleeping KActors (they sleep and arent being touched by players)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well it depends, if its all 1000 kactors being moved at once, then you cannot do this. The sheer amount of data that would have to be thrown between the clients would create massive lag.

If its only a small number, it could be feasible but it depends on the number of players as each player added will be using more kactors and sending more packets.

On the client side, it'll depend on the player hardware. For my main pc, I've thrown 3000+ kactors around on an unnetworked game and it run smoothly. but on my run of the mill laptop, i could barely handle 40 kactors being thrown around.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic KActors with Multiplayer

KActors with Multiplayer

So, I'm making some project that, for example, should to has multiplayer mode and 1000 of KActors on one big single map.. And does multiplayer really work with these numbers of physics ? I mean that every of KActor has collision (only 50 of them are moving and 10 of them are beign interacted with player for example though) and it should be updated somehow on server and client sides. But I'm scared that every of player will get huge lags, troubles and ping

Thanks
Working...
X