Will UDK Games Run on Windows 8 Tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will UDK Games Run on Windows 8 Tablets

Im just wondering if udk build games will run on Windows 8 Tablets? Since there wille be an App Store with the next Windows this would be very interesting.

Originally posted by R2D5 View Post
    Im just wondering if udk build games will run on Windows 8 Tablets? Since there wille be an App Store with the next Windows this would be very interesting.

Probably now. Seeing that UDK requires DX-11.

Comment

Originally posted by Archie_Vision View Post
      Probably now. Seeing that UDK requires DX-11.
      You don't 'have' to have DX-11, unless you want to take advantage of the DX-11 stuff. Unless the next update will not allow DX-9.

App store with Windows 8? hehe, sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by CloDel Studios View Post
        You don't 'have' to have DX-11, unless you want to take advantage of the DX-11 stuff. Unless the next update will not allow DX-9.

App store with Windows 8? hehe, sounds familiar.
        COrrect. But Win 8 Mobile Will not have DX-9 10 or 11. From what I understand. I think this is what he is talking about. Also, it uses a totally different file structure. We will have to see. But I do not think it will.

Comment

There is no "Windows 8 Mobile." It's a singular cross-platform OS -- that was the whole philosophy behind most of its design. By the way, thought I would post these pics here just for fun. :-)

[SHOT]http://db.tt/tus1tHe[/SHOT][SHOT]http://db.tt/9rkOuq3[/SHOT]

Comment

It seemed like on lower-powered systems that certain things wouldn't work. My guess would be no.

Comment

If iphones have SM3 support I dont see why a windows 8 tablet wouldnt. Hell tegra 2's are better than the iphone 4 graphics arnt they?

Comment

From what i have read there will be tow windows 8 versions, on for x86 based systems and one for ARM based. Since most the Tablets obviously will use the arm version I was wondering if UDK games will run on them as window 8 apps for example(the "Windows 8 apps" could run on both Windows versions if I understand correctly)

Comment

Originally posted by NickP View Post
                  There is no "Windows 8 Mobile." It's a singular cross-platform OS -- that was the whole philosophy behind most of its design. By the way, thought I would post these pics here just for fun. :-)

[SHOT]http://db.tt/tus1tHe[/SHOT][SHOT]http://db.tt/9rkOuq3[/SHOT]
                  Oh, I was under the impression that it was 2 different platforms. If this is the case, then I really have no clue. I am DL'ing the Dev's preview of Win 8 now, and I am going to test it out.

Comment

It just plain depends on the hardware and drivers on the tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                      If iphones have SM3 support I dont see why a windows 8 tablet wouldnt. Hell tegra 2's are better than the iphone 4 graphics arnt they?
                      But iOS doesn't support DirectX

Comment

Neither does the Playstation 3, what's your point ?

Comment

Neither does UDK output to PS3

Comment

That's completely moot, because Unreal 3 does and UDK is just a binary release of Unreal 3. The rendering path for the Ps3 still exists, it's just not included in the PC binary UDK isers recieve for the obvious reasons.

Comment

Yeah, but the question is whether or not it can run on a Windows 8 tablet using the output for PC. Being able to make PS3 games with the UE3 means nothing for this situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X