Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding background music to a level

Hi guys
    I would like to add a looping background music track to my level. What's the proper way to do that these days in UDK?

This.

[SHOT]http://i.imgur.com/rdAmj.jpg[/SHOT]

Comment

Thanks!

I always get confused here because there's the UDKmapmusicinfo item which you can create but can't seem to use anywhere. So if I want a custom piece of music would I make a copy of the old UTmapmusicinfo item since you can't create them anymore?

Comment

You can't create them anymore? I wonder what Epic considers the official replacement then.

Comment

There is a new item called UDK map music info instead of UT map-music info. Those you can create. The problem is you CAN'T use them because the editor wants the UT version. So until epic fixes this problem or replaces the music manager, the only way to do this is to copy one of the old maps that has a UT map music info in it.

Hopefully someone will look into this and get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
            There is a new item called UDK map music info instead of UT map-music info.
            Then it should be fine. As you can see in the screenshot, all properties are in the UDKMapMusicInfo property group anyway, so the UT version did probably not add enough vital stuff to stay a separate class.

Comment

Well the UDK music thing is an exact copy of UT and probably would work IF the editor would let you assign it to the field. Every time I've tried to do that the editor shuts me down. So that's why I made the comments that I have. I will also add that I am running UDK on win XP so perhaps you guys using win 7 don't see this issue.

Comment

Working...
              X