64 players limit UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 players limit UDK

Hi, I read in the forum that there is a limit for the players of my online game in UDK: 64 players.

I'm making an online fps game like Combat Arms, with a lobby where people can create matches with max 16 players per match.

But... the question is: can I create an online game that 2000+ players can play (with matches of 16 players max) with UDK?

Yes.
    /filler

Comment

Yes, you'd likely end up programming the "lobby" interface yourself, and then have it launch the game separately. If you can program, sure.

Comment

The lobby system is a system where I can see the matches of all the people but to do this the game won't be separate I think.

Comment

It's all doable in game, given that you have TcpLink. You can use a platform such as IRC to handle the lobby, and a web based master server to handle current servers.

Comment

I'm using tcplink for the login system, well I think that i can do all with this: when a player create a match he is the host, so in the match there will be a maximum of 64 players, when the match is finished the player will be a simple client, the only problem is if the player left the game before that the match ends.

Any suggests?

Comment

Working...
            X