other game design websites???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other game design websites???

Are there any websites out there, that i can get jobs with indie developers?

the only three i know is moddb, indiedb, and obviously UDK.com

i am a level designer, and this will be used for future job hunting

thank you
    any questions please ask

If you'd want to go for the bigger parts of the industry, you'd have to contact them. (With a slim chance of them contacting even if you are well known)

Comment

the chance isnt slim... i wrote about 15 mails to different companys way ago.. and got about 11 answers... ok well, the one was just an answer from bluebyte that way arent looking for new members... but i got invited to 4 other companys.. and they payed my plane and hotel... just for getting in contact with me.. (oh and btw, i wasnt looking for a place to work, i just asked for a scholarship.. and got one)

So i would say, just give it a try

Comment

thanks for the tips! but do you know any good modding communitys? or is there a list of indie developers?

thanks again

Comment

you'll find many developers on different engine boards or on http://www.gamedev.net/

http://indiegames.com/index.html, you could find some on gamasutra...

Comment

Yup, gamedev for sure

devshed.com
            forums.create.msdn.com

I'd say your best bet is to get on linkedin and make connections there

Comment

Originally posted by westclif View Post
              the chance isnt slim...
              I meant without writing to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
                I meant without writing to them.
                you'd have to contact them. <-- what did you meant then? :P

Comment

(With a slim chance of them contacting you even if you are well known)
                  I think that's what he meant :P

Comment

the chance isnt slim... i wrote about 15 mails to different companys way ago.. and got about 11 answers... ok well, the one was just an answer from bluebyte that way arent looking for new members... but i got invited to 4 other companys.. and they payed my plane and hotel... just for getting in contact with me.. (oh and btw, i wasnt looking for a place to work, i just asked for a scholarship.. and got one)

So i would say, just give it a try
                    well thats a Motivator right there! Thanx for that.

Comment

you'd have to contact them. <-- what did you meant then? :P
                      I said, If you want to join in on major companies, you'd have to contact them, as there's a slim chance of them contacting you unless you are well known.

Comment

ah okay sry misunderstood you =/

Comment

your best bet at the end of the day is to go to school, get yourself a proper game design degree and major in level design or whatever and then go apply.. You'll have a far better chance than anything else if you want to break in.. Alternatively email around looking for bottom level QA jobs and work your way up

Comment

thanks everyone for the help! this has been extremely useful

Comment

Working...
                            X