UDK keeps crashing with prefabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK keeps crashing with prefabs

Im trying to figure out why my UDK keeps crahsing and I think I may have figured it out. I want to make a wall of cubes, similar to the game Q.U.B.E. So i made a rounded cube in 3ds max and exported it into the udk. The cubes have about 140 verts. I was planning on then making a large wall out of these individual cubes. So i grouped a 2x2 together, then took that and grouped a 4x4 and continued that process until I had 16x16 of these cubes, or 1024 total units long and totaling about 36,000 verts. With this large group of grouped, grouped and once more grouped cubes, I made it into a prefab. I would then place about 3 of these prefabs long to make a long wall. The problem im having is that when I try to use these prefabs in the editor, it crashes. It seems odd to me that it is crashing at only 36,000 verts. So what am I doing wrong? Is it possible that the multiple grouped groups are causing the editor to crash?

prefabs do crash alot .i agree could be improved. the group thing does meen crash when ive tried.

Comment

Working...
    X