Physics engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physics engine

First: I am sorry if my words are poor or mixed. Pashto is my language. I will try.

How robust is the physics engine offered in the UDK? I have been reading the document on the Uscript and it tells me it is possible to call C++ function in DLL from Uscript - However I have read this is not the case for UDK from particular places. Where is the truth at in this matter?

I worry about physics because my university project is dependent totally on physics. Players will make complicated systems from parts. Speed of calculations are most important. Uscript worries me because of virtual machine. I am fearful of wasting time programming in an interpreted language only to find I need native execution's speed. Speed is my concern.

I have not yet decided on what technology base yet. Maybe SOURCE engine since physics are solid and it is C++ : but it has **** way of making content. UDK is the best environment to create - but interpreted language scares me because of speed. CE3 looks nice but is unstable junk and released very early: but it has c++ for core and LUA for light things... I have much thought ahead.

Thank you for maybe helping me choose.

Originally posted by Ehren View Post
    I worry about physics because my university project is dependent totally on physics. Players will make complicated systems from parts. Speed of calculations are most important. Uscript worries me because of virtual machine. I am fearful of wasting time programming in an interpreted language only to find I need native execution's speed. Speed is my concern.
    The actual physics simulation is performed in native engine code using Nvidia PhysX. You could setup a physics test in the unreal editor, without writing any code, and see how well it performs.

Comment

It also has APEX as well.

Comment

Working...
      X