Game idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game idea

This has been on my mind for awhile now. I've always enjoyed playing arena-type game modes with different waves and stuff. (I'd consider Nazi Zombies like this, same with The Underdome in Borderlands.) I thought those two in particular were really fun, and that's what got me thinking.

What if someone were to make a game that was kinda like those, but that's what the entire game was. You could have many many many more maps this way, and the gameplay could get really interesting if you started adding in goals and unlockables and stuff. One idea i had was like a medium sized arena with a giant tower in the middle. Well once you got in the tower, at the top of it would be like a heavily protected room. (Not protected by NPCs, but by like force-fields and stuff.) It wouldn't be stated anywhere that you could get into the room, but if you solve various puzzles around the tower and on the ground then you could take out the different levels of security. Once you got into the room, it would unlock mabey more maps, some guns, or something like that.

Any ideas on this? I'm not in a position where i could do anything with this, so i thought i'd just throw it out there in case anyone was bored any didn't have an idea for something and mabey wanted to try to make something like this. (It does sound a little like Nazi Zombies, but i really don't mean it to be lol)

No bursts of insightful comments?

Comment

Im actually at developing something like that for IOS
      Not very far now, but slow but steady making Progress

Comment

oh cool, will look foward to seeing what it's like =)

Comment

sounds like a good idea to me.in your other post you say it may not be a very popular idea.stick with it and believe in it and soon others will believe too.

Comment

Most of it is what games like Killing Floor did already.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys =) I've never actually played killing floor, but isn't it a bit like L4D and not really arena type?

Comment

Originally posted by Lowfatenvelope View Post
                Thanks for the comments guys =) I've never actually played killing floor, but isn't it a bit like L4D and not really arena type?
                It is exactly not like L4D and really an arena type game.

You select a class like Pyro, Medic, Rifleman, Commando, Demolition, Melee or Engineer. Each has it's individual advantages and gets boni which increase as you level up that class by dealing X damage to enemies with the special weapon of that class or similar stuff. The class can not be changed until the round ended.

When the round starts your goal is to kill all ZEDs without having all members of your team being defeated. Each kill earns you a little money which you can spend in a short shopping phase after each wave on new weapons or armor. Each class is specialized in a certain weapon and is not only more effective with it but will also get a big discount the higher the class's rank is. A medical assault rifle is very expensive for any class except the medic - he gets up to 90% discount on it. On the final rank do the classes even start with one of their specialized weapons.

The game usually lasts 7-15 waves, depending on the server settings. At the final wave does the team face the patriarch, a mean boss with lots of HP and an almost instantly killing minigun and rocketlauncher.

Other enemies have also special abilities. Some are weak but come in masses and can spawn in any place, for instance ventilations. Others are invisible until they get up close (but the Commando class can see them earlier), others work like the Boomer from L4D and are slow but can vomit or explode on you and deal heavy damage over time with that vomit. Another enemy type uses distance attacks, another one is really tough up close. And the most feared one is the Fleshpound, which requires to be taken down by massive caliber. If you shoot him, he may get really angry, charge at you and knock you down in one or two hits.

The team members can support each other by sharing money, especially with those who died in the last wave and thus respawn with only the pistol and knife.

Comment

Oh cool. I did not know this

Comment

Working...
                  X