I am all new to game engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Not to crush your dreams but it's 100% unrealistic to expect, even with a small team, to make a MMO. Rather, think about making a small co-op RPG, it should allow you to make most of what you want. As Amber says, and every one of the professional coders on here will tell you, you have to be coding for multiplayer from day 1. I made something as simple as a gun without thoughts of multiplayer, and found it beastly to go back through everything and get it correctly replicating online. A game is that multiplied by some unimaginable number

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you make any kind of multiplayer game, you have to write your network code into it from the start. MMOs especially.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    If you're not even a programmer, I probably wouldn't even think about attempting an MMO.
    I was more thinking of a singleplayer rpg, that cut be converted into a mmo later on with the right programing ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you're not even a programmer, I probably wouldn't even think about attempting an MMO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A quick Google search for "mmo udk" brought me this:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=709760

Have fun with your scattered dreams.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic I am all new to game engines

I am all new to game engines

Hallo all.

I am new to game engines, but are a 3d designer. And I was thinking of trying to make something as a mmo.
    So i looked around and found this engine, Unity, Realm crafter and a few others. But to be honest, I found the Unreal engine the most pleasing of them all.
    So the thing is, can I make a mmorog in Unreal, and if is there any tutorials that tell me how to beging with the engine, and how to build a mmo ?
    I am thing hypothetical, I know that it will require a lot of programming and x number of people to create a mmo for release.

Or is there any other FREE engine put there that I should look at, and that I still can get the realistic look with. ?
Working...
X