Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK on PS3

Hey Every One;

I've currious about this ever since I got UDK and it is, Can I somehow make the game work for PS3?

I Started working on my own game project and my friends want to know if they can get my game on PS3 and I would like to know too. And if so; How?

Thanks for reading.

In a word: no. UDK doesn't support PS3 and likely never will as it requires a special license from Sony to even get the SDK for it.

Comment

The commercial version of Unreal 3 supports consoles. One option you might consider is to make your game for PCs first and then once it has sold and gotten you money, you can buy the commercial license and release it for consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Baructt View Post
        The commercial version of Unreal 3 supports consoles. One option you might consider is to make your game for PCs first and then once it has sold and gotten you money, you can buy the commercial license and release it for consoles.
        Two questions:

1. Does the $99 licence include it?

2. Is there really any difference in the SDK or editor, or can i really just ecport my game for PS3?

Comment

1. No, you need the one where you have access to the sourcecode of the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow40k View Post
            Two questions:

1. Does the $99 licence include it?

2. Is there really any difference in the SDK or editor, or can i really just ecport my game for PS3?
            You're confusing UDK with UE3

UDK costs $99 for a commercial license, this allows you to release games for PC and iOS only.

UE3 is a full license of the engine with source code access that has the ability to develop games for PC, iOS, Android, PS3, and Xbox 360, there's no set price, but guess many thousands of dollars. To develop for consoles, there's an additional licensing fee from the console manufacturer that allows you access to developer hardware and licensing, that costs many thousands of dollars as well.

Comment

I think I understand now.

Comment

Originally posted by Teodora
                UE is a cross-platform engine, so UDK does support PS3 as well. The problem with console gaming is that you have to get certificate from Sony to publish on PS3, the certification process is said to be very rigorous and expensive.
                UDK doesn't have any of the capabilities to support PS3, it's all removed

Comment

correct:
                  From the FAQ:

"Q: I’ve developed a UDK game I wish to sell via Xbox LIVE®, PLAYSTATION® NETWORK and/or on the PC. What's the next step?

A: Commercial release on the PC is already covered and we've got great terms at www.udk.com/licensing for those who want to sell games created with UDK for PC. The UDK does not currently support the Xbox 360 or the PS3.

Console is a little more complicated because you need to be licensed by the console manufacturers before you can get a development kit, which involves a concept submission and (hint, hint!) UDK would be great for proving your worth in the concept submission stage.

If you can get through that step we're more than happy to talk with you about making a full source code license available under great business terms. "

If you would have researched a bit, you would know before posting

Comment

Originally posted by saymoo View Post
                    correct:
                    From the FAQ:

"Q: I’ve developed a UDK game I wish to sell via Xbox LIVE®, PLAYSTATION® NETWORK and/or on the PC. What's the next step?

A: Commercial release on the PC is already covered and we've got great terms at www.udk.com/licensing for those who want to sell games created with UDK for PC. The UDK does not currently support the Xbox 360 or the PS3.

Console is a little more complicated because you need to be licensed by the console manufacturers before you can get a development kit, which involves a concept submission and (hint, hint!) UDK would be great for proving your worth in the concept submission stage.

If you can get through that step we're more than happy to talk with you about making a full source code license available under great business terms. "

If you would have researched a bit, you would know before posting
                    I did do some research, seen all this information.

Thanks for helping out still.

Comment

Working...
                    X