Help with UDK game program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with UDK game program

i have udk and the editor works absolutely fine but when i play in the game program all i get is a black screen and then the program stops responding. please help

what hardware, what operating system, any error messages, does the log contain any useful information, etc?

Comment

OS is windows 7
      error is udk has stopped working
      hardware ATI Radeon x2800 Pro HD SM4
      nothing useful in logs
      and for some reason this only happens when i click the play on pc button in the editor
      otherwise if i click on the udk game program from my start menu it works fine

Comment

The minumum reqiurement ATI series is 5000 series and above. Have you updated the drivers for that matter? Just in case.
        You didn't mention your amount of ram and your processor either.

Comment

Nah, the video card should be fine. In fact, two generations before that one work also. You should try editing the configuration file for UDK. It's found in ...\UDKGame\Config\ and the file is called UDKEngine.ini. You will find a long list of graphics settings for you to adjust. These are basically the advanced graphics settings found in most games. Unfortunately, you'll have to figure out what they do since Epic has apparantly not released a help file instructing us about the config settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Baructt View Post
            Nah, the video card should be fine. In fact, two generations before that one work also.
            Just because they have the shader model support doesn't mean they are good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
              Just because they have the shader model support doesn't mean they are good enough.
              I've done it myself. Know what you're talking about before posting. He probably just needs to turn off some advanced graphics features to make it compatible with his card. Unfortunately, the problem sounds like an error in software. Upgrading the graphics drivers and then checking their settings would be a good thing to do.

Comment

Well excuse me for checking the minimum requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
                  Well excuse me for checking the minimum requirements.
                  LOL. That's simply the minimum for DirectX 11 features because DX11 wasn't possible until Radeon 5000 series. The program should work fine on a good quality shader 3 graphics card. 2000 series certainly should be good enough.

To the OP, I suggest updating your graphics drivers from http://game.amd.com/

Comment

Yeah radeon 1k will run it with some ini tweaks .

Comment

Working...
                    X