Modifying World Post Process Chain doesn't 'stick'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying World Post Process Chain doesn't 'stick'

Hi all. Total newbie here, so bear with me please!

I created a new map the other day, and wanted a custom vignette overlay on the screen. So, I made a new post process chain and set the "World Post Process Chain" to this. My vingetting works great in the editor and when i hit F8 to test my map, but when i use the Unreal Frontend to 'cook' and run my map (i also have been playing with unrealscript), my post process settings don't seem to be enabled. I don't actually know what cooking does, besides compile my unrealscript, so this may be my problem in understanding.

Is there anything special i need to do to make sure my custom PPChain is enabled when i run my map 'for real'?

EDIT: my PPchain DOES work when i run udk.exe mymap?game=MyMod.MyGameInfo, so i'm guessing the Unreal Frontend isn't starting my map right. i guess i solved this myself?

Did you make sure to change the game type in world properties? I'm not super familiar with launching from the command line, and I'm not positive how the frontend launches it. Maybe the frontend has an option for game type as well.

Comment

I have a similar problem!

Setting my own PPchain under "World Post Process Chain" of the map's world properties only seems to work in the editor for me. Even after cooking, the game still runs with the PPchain defined in the DefaultEngine.ini file under DefaultPostProcessName.
      Running the game via command line, which is how I usually do it, doesn't solve it for me though.

Any more ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by ania View Post
        I have a similar problem!

Setting my own PPchain under "World Post Process Chain" of the map's world properties only seems to work in the editor for me. Even after cooking, the game still runs with the PPchain defined in the DefaultEngine.ini file under DefaultPostProcessName.
        Running the game via command line, which is how I usually do it, doesn't solve it for me though.

Any more ideas?
        You could edit the Default.ini to include your PPC and try it that way. Just make sure it saves to it before you cook. Also check to make sure your PPC is not in a external file. This will make the game revert back to the Default.ini file.

Comment

Working...
        X