Installation DX11 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation DX11 Help

so i recently installed udk and for some reason the versions that support dx11 dont work on my computer. the obvious reason for this is that i dont have dx11. so i googled dx11 download and it came up with a few search results. i dont have admin rights so i cant ask for the password too many times, so i was wondering if anyone could give me the website where i could download dx11. thanks

Do you have a DX11 capable graphics card?

Comment

i have an ATI HD radeon 2400 pro AGP
      its a SM4 graphics card so i think...........
      but i dont even want to do dx11 developement i just want to make udk work

Comment

Your Radeon 2400 does not support DirectX 11. I use a Radeon 1650 with DX9.0c and it runs every UDK release fine so far.

It sounds like an issue with admin rights. Do you have any information from any log files?

Comment

no it justs loads and then says udk.exe has stopped working

Comment

It's definitely something wrong with your system, and not the DX11. I have DX11 on my system (it came with windows 7) bur my card only supports DX9 so there isn't even an option in UDK for me to enable DX11 rendering.

UDK doesn't come in different versions for DX11. You either can or can't enable it based on your graphics card. I think it's an operating system issue for you.

Comment

Working...
            X