Question/Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question/Idea

I had an idea this morning and want opinions on it. Does anybody think it would be possible to re-program how the servers work, so you could start up two dedicated servers, then have it so you can do /merge server 1 with server 2 or something like that. This way, server one would enter server 2 so to speak, and if you were looking at a list of servers in-game you would just see server 2, not server one. Then when players 1-64 join server two, it ONLY effects server one. Then when the next group of 64 join it would put them on server two, but everyone is in the same world.

This way you could have 128 people interacting with each other on one server, because server one and two are linked. (There would still be 2 dedicated servers open.) Also if say server two crashed, server one would drop the link, so then you just have server one players. (The server 2 players would obviously vanish.) Later you could re-link the servers and have 128 people again.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to try and do this, or if it's just way to hard/complicated or downright impossible. (I don't know how to program yet, so i would be of no use.) Thanks for any comments!

I know what you're trying to do, but I'm afraid it's nonsense

In theory, you could have the two servers update one another and create dummy objects for the players on either other server, but I don't know how well that could really work. You can't get at any of the server native implementation, either.

Comment

Ah well. Was worth a shot lol. Thanks for the comment =)

Comment

Working...
      X