Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maximizing UDK game on Secondary Screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximizing UDK game on Secondary Screen?

Hi Everyone,

This is probably a simple question. I have a dual screen setup, and I need to have my UDK game running on the second screen (it cannot run on the main screen as another application I'm using must run there) ... I can drag the game window onto the second screen, but when I maximize, it pushes the game back to the primary screen and maximizes there.

I really need the game to stay on the secondary screen in maximized mode... is this possible?

Thanks.

If your secondary monitor has a higher resolution than your primary, you cannot exceed the size of your primary monitor with the window size, or it will snap back to the primary.

You can resize the window within the same size bounds of the primary, on any other display, though.

Comment

That's strange. Both my screens have the same resolution (1920x1080)... and when I maximize it on the secondary, it snaps back to the primary.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I think the maximize button causes a window reset. Try just resizing it?

Comment

MoveWindow and SetWindowPos WinAPI calls fail to correctly resize window: we can move it but we can't set another width and height when udk window is in the second monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
            If your secondary monitor has a higher resolution than your primary, you cannot exceed the size of your primary monitor with the window size, or it will snap back to the primary.
            How can we overcome this problem? Is it a fundamental limitation or just a udk project faildesign? What's the reason that we cannot resize the udk window? Other apps' windows can resize correctly so why udk cannot?

Comment

I would think this is a limitation of your game and not the engine itself. If a game isn't resizable...isnt that because you didn't make it so?

Comment

It appears that it only takes into account the primary monitors res

Comment

Kind of solution might be setting secondary monitor as your primary.

Comment

Working...
                  X