Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General UDK Questions

Sorry im a Newbie and dont know much about udk but i have a few questions:

1. If I make a game that is EPIC in Udk and want to put it on Xbox 360, If i get permission with Microsoft can UDK publish the game to Xbox OR can i send the game to Microsoft and they can make the game run on Xbox

2. Is there server support in UDK (If i get my own server) for example i want to make a game that will be fought in a galaxy = (server), in that there will be solar systems = (channel) and in that there will be planets = (sub channel) and can players move through out the sub-channels. Can I do this (assuming i can get the programming right ) (the servers are my own)

3. Isn't EPIC Games awesome (joke question )

4. I like to stay very organized but i decadently made to many packages. How do I delete the paq's.

5. I get a error saying assets in my game are externally referenced. How do i fix that and will the packages I make "Ship" with the game if I save the game

anyone????

Comment

1. Making the Game run on XBOX is your responsibility as well as your teams.

2. Im not a server expert or online expert but sure? As long as you can code it.

3. ...

4. Why would you delete content you made? Go to where the UPK package is stored and right click and delete. If you want to move objects inside that package to another package simply right click on that item, and move the item to another package.

5. It is because the packages are not inside of the content folder in the UDK directory.

Comment

wait so UDK can support xbox as long as i can code it?

also how should i start building my game. Start making the first map or should i do something else. Should i save each map individualy or is there a way i can save them as a .exe or something?

Comment

The UDK does not support deployment to the Xbox or the Xbox 360. You would need to talk to Epic Games about a license for Unreal Engine 3 for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldaron07 View Post
            The UDK does not support deployment to the Xbox or the Xbox 360. You would need to talk to Epic Games about a license for Unreal Engine 3 for that.
            Yay!!! thats a yes cause if my team is able to make the game we would have tons of money and we could get a license and do that

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
              1. Making the Game run on XBOX is your responsibility as well as your teams.

2. Im not a server expert or online expert but sure? As long as you can code it.

3. ...

4. Why would you delete content you made? Go to where the UPK package is stored and right click and delete. If you want to move objects inside that package to another package simply right click on that item, and move the item to another package.

5. It is because the packages are not inside of the content folder in the UDK directory.
              4. I cant find it whats the path
              5. Were is the content folder (path) i cant find the directory

Comment

Originally posted by Swanton007 View Post
                4. I cant find it whats the path
                We can't know, it's wherever you chose to save it.
                5. Were is the content folder (path) i cant find the directory
                It's in the UDKGame folder.

Yay!!! thats a yes cause if my team is able to make the game we would have tons of money and we could get a license and do that
                ... You're new to business, aren't you?

Comment

Haha I would agree... I am guessing 14-16 in years of age lol

Comment

stfu christan, I know the guy above, And no not really Its just that... nevermind... I can get the money if i need it

Comment

ok im getting a error im making a video of it and i will post a linky as soon as it uploads

Comment

You're getting ahead of yourself. Take your approach to UDK one feature at a time, and don't even let the thought of licensing enter your head until you've made a verifiable, playable demo of your game.

Comment

In order to publish a game commercially, you need to buy a license from EPIC games, for a cost and i believe it is 25% royalty... here is the licensing page... if you are publishing your game, you should read it through. http://www.udk.com/licensing

Comment

Working...
                          X