Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Graylord View Post
    It's due to extreme lighting angles, and will happen with any type of object.
    Oh ok hehe. My scene takes place in a Evening setting and I wanted to capture the setting sun but it appears you were right . Thanks!

-Scratch that EPIC xD.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's due to extreme lighting angles, and will happen with any type of object.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another Cascaded Shadow Maps issue...

Sorry to bump this thread but there seems to be something else that Cascaded Shadow Maps cause, this time "just" for terrain and landscapes....

Close up to the Landscape/Terrain (This one is a terrain)

Farther from a Landscape/Terrain (This one is still a terrain)

This happens even after you put materials on them, and only when the Cascaded shadow maps are utilized...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    By the way, this also happened in the september 2010 version, so it's not due to a recent change.

Hopefully this should out rule out some potential issues when you troubleshoot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm pretty sure they don't have a bug database that they file away, snicker, then ignore Thanks Nightclucker and thanks to the poor coder who has to work on it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NightClucker View Post
    Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I am able to reproduce it and have placed it into our bug database.
    Yay! This will be worked on I presume?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I am able to reproduce it and have placed it into our bug database.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've had it happen on BSP as well, it's lighting, not terrain. Ask your coders nicely for us to really take a look at the real time lighting, it needs a bit of spit polish!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its not an issue with landscape terrain or meshes, its an issue with the light feature so it affects everything. If you notice carefully you can actually see the spherical shape of the radius.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xendance View Post
    As far as I know it affects everything, which isn't surprising since cascaded shadow maps are a full scene thing. Isn't it a problem with the shadowmap projection rather than terrain or landscape?
    It does effect everything, on the map I am making, I use a terrain but I tested this on maps like Necropolis, and weird landscape map I made, and other maps and they all had these gaps. So it seems that it doesn't matter if you have a terrain, a map with mostly just static meshes, or a landscape map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As far as I know it affects everything, which isn't surprising since cascaded shadow maps are a full scene thing. Isn't it a problem with the shadowmap projection rather than terrain or landscape?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys, sorry for the slow response! Is this old terrain or new Landscape?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah, so that's what that light that kept shining trough in a radius around the player was in my level.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After some experimentation I found this happens on EVERY map, and that this only happens when you set the number of Whole Scene Dynamic Shadow Cascade to anything above 1....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've had this same problem in all builds. Would be nice if it was fixed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X