Clear All

Gaps in Cascaded Shadow Maps....

Have the same problem this guy had.....

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...ascaded+Shadow

Bump........

Comment

yeah me too

Comment

Hmm well it seems that no one is on when I posted this or bumped this, or no one knows. Could I also get a well representative from Epic to help me with this?

Comment

I've had this same problem in all builds. Would be nice if it was fixed.

Comment

After some experimentation I found this happens on EVERY map, and that this only happens when you set the number of Whole Scene Dynamic Shadow Cascade to anything above 1....

Comment

Ah, so that's what that light that kept shining trough in a radius around the player was in my level.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for the slow response! Is this old terrain or new Landscape?

Comment

As far as I know it affects everything, which isn't surprising since cascaded shadow maps are a full scene thing. Isn't it a problem with the shadowmap projection rather than terrain or landscape?

Comment

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
                    As far as I know it affects everything, which isn't surprising since cascaded shadow maps are a full scene thing. Isn't it a problem with the shadowmap projection rather than terrain or landscape?
                    It does effect everything, on the map I am making, I use a terrain but I tested this on maps like Necropolis, and weird landscape map I made, and other maps and they all had these gaps. So it seems that it doesn't matter if you have a terrain, a map with mostly just static meshes, or a landscape map.

Comment

Its not an issue with landscape terrain or meshes, its an issue with the light feature so it affects everything. If you notice carefully you can actually see the spherical shape of the radius.

Comment

I've had it happen on BSP as well, it's lighting, not terrain. Ask your coders nicely for us to really take a look at the real time lighting, it needs a bit of spit polish!

Comment

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I am able to reproduce it and have placed it into our bug database.

Comment

Originally posted by NightClucker View Post
                            Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I am able to reproduce it and have placed it into our bug database.
                            Yay! This will be worked on I presume?

Comment

I'm pretty sure they don't have a bug database that they file away, snicker, then ignore Thanks Nightclucker and thanks to the poor coder who has to work on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X