DX10 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Dx10 did have a number of advantages over Dx9, however not too many developers could make use of them due to the requirement to support features over multiple platforms.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MasterOfKings View Post
    I know that DX9 and DX11 are my only choices. What I mainly want to know is which would be better for a large, realistic FPS game: DX9 or DX10?

-MoK
    DirectX10 for most games didn't offer anything. It was thought that DX10 offered better shadowing in Crysis back in 07, but it was later found out that you can get the better shadowing with DirectX9. No real difference other than the Aero support has been found for DX10 in games.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know that DX9 and DX11 are my only choices. What I mainly want to know is which would be better for a large, realistic FPS game: DX9 or DX10?

-MoK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DX 10 is not supported by UDK because it is rather useless and yields no difference.

DX9 or DX11 are your only choices.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic DX10 Support

DX10 Support

Hey all,

I recently downloaded the June 2011 release of the UDK; and I recently found that my graphics card doesn't support DX11 (even though it's installed). So, the UDK will only ever run under DX9.

Via my research, I found that the UDK used to support DX10, but removed said feature-set for DX11; so now the only choices are DX9 or DX11.

Is there any possible way of forcing the June release of the UDK to run using DX10?

If not, can someone point me to the latest release of the UDK that had DX10 support.

Regardless, I understand that DX10 tends to give more realistic results, but at a performance cost. For a large, realistic FPS game, is using DX10 really better than using DX9?

Thanks.

-MoK
Working...
X